The Maverick Student Investment Fund (MSIF) gives you real-world experience in the field of finance.
- Be a part of the MSIF Management Team in charge of investing over $860,000 for the University Foundation
- Work alone and in small teams to develop and practice stock valuation and investing skills
- Make investment recommendations to the Foundation Investment Committee and the University Foundation Board
- Learn to research specific sectors of the stock market
- Learn to evaluate stocks using tools and frameworks
- Learn to evaluate economic indicators
The MSIF is a finance elective course for every track.
To register for the course, you must meet the prerequisites of:
- Business Finance (FINA 362)
- Investments (FINA 460)
For more information contact:
Dr. Yuhao Chen: Course Instructor
Dr. Leon Chen: Finance Chairperson