Apply to Speak at Fall 2021 University Commencement Graduation
One graduating College of Business student will be chosen to deliver a brief inspirational speech at the University commencement (December 11, 2021).
Commencement Student Speaker Responsibilities: It is a great honor to be selected as a commencement speaker for the College of Business. The individual is chosen to represent the 2021 graduating class of the College of Business. Only one student speaker may be chosen from each college to speak in front of approximately a few thousand students, faculty, parents, alumni, and guests.
- The ideal commencement student speaker should strive to inspire and motivate the audience (both graduates and guests) in an inclusive manner.
- The content should be relevant, encouraging, and memorable. It should reflect on the mission, vision, and values of the College of Business while including the student’s academic experience and the realm of possibilities for the graduates’ futures.
Required Application materials must include:
- A letter of interest and a brief outline of the applicant’s proposed speech (no longer than two spoken minutes)
- A video of the applicant that should include:
- an introduction of the applicant
- a two-minute synopsis of the applicant's proposed speech
- Current resume with Minnesota State Mankato accomplishments, involvement, and/or special recognition (e.g. Leadership, student organizations, committees or boards, volunteerism, awards, scholarships, research, or unique study opportunities)
- Submit materials to email@example.com.
- Deadline to submit materials: Wednesday, October 6, at 4:00 pm
Criteria for College of Business Commencement Student Speaker will be based on:
- Graduate or undergraduate
- Strong academic performance (Minimum 3.0 GPA and in good standing)
- Demonstrated involvement as a College of Business student and impact to Minnesota State Mankato
- Audition (quality of speech and public speaking skills)
Upon receipt of submissions, three finalists will be asked to present their speech to the Commencement Speaker Selection Committee on Thursday, October 14. The Committee will provide any additional assistance to the student speakers in preparation for the University Commencement Ceremony and the College of Business Reception.
Congratulations to our past graduation speakers!
|Spring 2021||Kwadwo Owusu||Finance and Accounting|
|Fall 2020||Mason Vlaanderen||Management|
|Spring 2020||Margaret Knier||Marketing|
|Fall 2019||Hannah Perez||Marketing|
|Fall 2018||Matou Fofana||Accounting|
|Spring 2018||Allison Thies||Finance|
|Fall 2017||Macarena Garcia Soto||International Business|
|Spring 2017||Austin Raebel||Finance|
|Fall 2016||Madelyn Hertaus||Management|
|Spring 2016||April Femrite||MBA|
|Fall 2015||DeAndre Cunningham||Finance/Business Adm|
|Spring 2015||Shin Zie Lai||Macc|
|Fall 2014||Mark Blashack||Management|
|Spring 2014||Matthew Lindquist||Finance|
|Fall 2013||Chad Hess||Accounting|
|Spring 2013||Anuka Rodrigo||IB/Mgmt/Marketing|
|Fall 2012||Kimberly Olson||Management|
|Spring 2012||Justin Hines||Marketing|
|Fall 2011||Sarah Mahn||Acctg. & Finance|
|Spring 2011||Andrew Meinert||MBA|
|Fall 2010||Michael Robinson||Finance|
|Spring 2010||Marie Johnson||Marketing/IB|
|Fall 2009||Kyle Ahlman||Management|
|Spring 2009||Molly Dircks||Finance|
|Fall 2008||Alecia Prins||Marketing/IB|
|Spring 2008||Evangelos Kourkafas||MBA|
|Fall 2007||John Baltes||Accounting|
|Spring 2007||Emily Toot||Management|
|Fall 2006||Kevin Bender||Finance|
|Spring 2006||Robert Wills||Marketing/IB|
|Fall 2005||Jon Hart||Marketing/IB|
|Spring 2005||Gordana Copic||Management|