Integrated Business Experience
What is IBE?
The United Prairie Bank Integrated Business Experience (IBE) allows students to combine a suite of required courses into a semester-long real-world entrepreneurial experience that gives them a head-start on their business careers. As they work together to apply their knowledge to planning, launching and operating an actual business, the students gain the leadership skills, entrepreneurial mindset and hands-on experience that employers look for in new hires.
Spring 2023 Companies
You Matter MN
You Matter MN is a company selling five different styles of hats with different sayings and graphics that spread positivity.
- Their mission is to spread awareness for mental health across Minnesota.
- All profits will be donated to Mel Hoffner and the Mara’s Light Foundation here in Mankato to help prevent suicide.
You Matter MN stands for a community that is here to help others and to make sure no one has to face a difficult journey alone.
Bull Shot sells products geared towards playing games and having fun. These products include darts, playing cards, ping pong balls, and regular and slim can koozies.
- Bull Shot believes playing games can be a force for good by donating all their profits to CADA Mankato, a charity that provides support to victims of domestic and sexual violence.
Kato Collection is selling fun summer products like a 4-in-1 can cooler, Mankato embroidered fanny pack, and black and white trucker hats.
- They believe style and giving should go hand in hand.
- In support of giving back, all of their proceeds will be donated to Echo Food Shelf in Mankato, MN.
Kato Kountry offers high-quality outdoor products. They are selling lawn chairs, embroidered visors as well as insulated soda sleeves.
- Kato Kountry’s mission is to provide high-quality products at an affordable price.
- All of their profits will be donated to Leisure Education for Exceptional People (LEEP), to offer individuals with disabilities an enhanced quality of life.
The United Prairie Bank Integrated Business Experience (IBE) was formed through a generous gift from United Prairie Bank.
Due to the limited number of seats, you will need to apply for the IBE. Applications are accepted throughout the year.
Integrated Business Experience Certificate
The United Prairie Bank Integrated Business Experience (IBE) allows students to combine a suite of required courses into a semester-long real-world entrepreneurial experience that gives them a head-start on their business careers.
The IBE consists of 4 courses (12 credits) taken as a block by a cohort of students over one semester.
Innovation and Entrepreneurial Minor
A minor in Entrepreneurship & Innovation consists of 21 credits and requires completion of the United Prairie Bank IBE program.
Each cohort of students creates and manages a business as a group. Throughout the semester they organize the company, create a business plan, apply for a business loan, and manage the business. At the end of the semester all profits are donated to an organization of their choice.