Yilin (Leon) Chen, Professor of Finance
Business Finance (FINA 362)
Financial Institutions and Markets (FINA 464)
Insurance and Risk Management (FINA 467)
Personal Insurance (FINA 470)
Personal Financial Planning (FINA 459)
Options and Futures (FINA 480)
Employee Benefits Planning (FINA 466)
- Certified Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
Ph.D. (Risk Management and Insurance), University of Georgia
Master of Business Administration (Finance), University of Notre Dame
Bachelor of Science in Finance, Shanghai Jiaotong University
- “An Investigation of the Short-Run and Long-Run Stock Market Response to Insurer Rating Changes” (with Jennifer Gaver and Steven Pottier), 2018, Journal of Risk and Insurance 85(1): 35-67.
- “Rating Changes and Competing Information: Evidence on Publicly-Traded Insurance Firms” (with Steven Pottier), 2018, Journal of Risk and Insurance 85(3): 811-842.
- “The Impact of a Rating Agency’s Private Information and Disclosed Causes of Rating Downgrades on Insurer Stock Returns” (with Steven Pottier), 2017, North American Actuarial Journal, 21(2): 297-304.
- “An Insurance Market Simulation with both Adverse and Advantageous Selection” (with Puneet Jaiprakash), 2017, Risk Management and Insurance Review 20(1): 133-146.
- “A Study of Interest and Perception of the Financial Planning Profession among Finance Undergraduate Students” (with Roger Severns), 2016, Journal of Financial Counseling and Planning 27(1): 130-140.
- “The Relative Informativeness of Analysts’ Stock Return Forecasts and Rating Changes for Insurance Companies” (with Steven Pottier), 2015, Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice 40(3): 516-537.
- “Implementing Black-Litterman using an Equivalent Formula and Equity Analyst Target Prices” (with Zhi Da and Ernst Schaumburg), 2015, Journal of Investing 24(1): 34-47.
- “Ownership Form and Efficiency: The Coexistence of Stock and Mutual Life Insurers” (with David Eckles and Steven Pottier), 2013, Journal of Insurance Issues 36(2): 121-148.
COMMITMENT TO STUDENT SUCCESS
- Finance Club, Faculty Advisor