Student Executive Team member job summary
The SET team works together to create event opportunities for COB students to attend while interacting with faculty and students to advocate for positive change. Duties involve meeting with current and prospective students to promote engagement through COB-offered programs. Through weekly team meetings, students will brainstorm areas for improvement within the COB. Students will plan, host and involve themselves with events such as panels and presentations.
applications being accepted now!
Qualities of an Executive
- Demonstrates a strong sense of belonging to the COB and often engages in COB hosted activities
- Strong public speaker
- High degree of professionalism
- Strong work ethic
- Able to interact with diverse groups of individuals
- Able to work well in a team
- Strong time-management skills
- College of Business formal attire
- Customized COB graduation stole
- Paid position ($1000 per semester, $2000 total)
To be considered, you must:
- Upload your resume
- Share a 2-minute video
- Must be enrolled in a degree program within the COB
- Must commit to a minimum of one full year as an executive
- Must be a full-time student
- Be able to attend mandatory weekly meetings
Student Executive Team Application Video Guidelines
- Record yourself using your phone, laptop or digital camera with a landscape format (horizontal).
- The video does not need to be professionally edited, but please ensure good sound and lighting.
- It’s ok if you stumble your words every now and then – we want this to be as genuine and conversational as possible.
- We will be paying attention to the content of the video, not the quality of the video itself.
- Please ensure proper language that is not offensive or inappropriate.
- The video is expected to be around two minutes long but cannot go over the 2 minute 30-second mark.
Content of the video:
- Introduce yourself and include name, major, hometown or home country, and an interesting fact about yourself.
- A quality that best describes yourself and why it can help you be successful.
- Tell us about a challenge or conflict you’ve faced at work, and how you dealt with it.
- Why do you want to be a part of our team?