MBA internships facilitate meaningful career progression for MBA students. An internship gives the student an opportunity to apply and showcase what they have learned in the classroom. Performance in an internship can transition into a job offer or it can serve as a reference for a full-time job application.
MBA internships are available at a variety of organizations, both for-profit and non-profit, and can be made up of human resources, operations management, supervisory or other management related tasks and can usually be found year-round. A student who has a part-time job doing management-related work may earn internship credits.
If you need help finding an internship please email firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule an appointment by calling 507-389-2963.
1. 135 hours of work is equivalent to three credit hours of internship.
2. The job duties in the position must primarily business-related (80% or more).
3. The person you report to, or your company mentor, should be in a managment/HR or management/HR-related field.
Important Note: Email the job description to email@example.com if you are unsure whether your internship qualifies or not.
1. Goals Statement
In a one-page letter briefly summarize your academic and professional background, your career goals, and your internship objectives. The internship objectives are the specific things you hope to learn, experience, and achieve by doing this internship. This letter should be written in a format similar to a standard cover letter and be addressed to the Department Chair.
INTERN GATHERS FROM EMPLOYER
2. Job Description
This document lists your duties and the projects you'll work on during your internship.
3. Internship Offer Letter From Employer
Letter should be written on company letterhead and include your start date, end date, and number of hours you'll work each week.
Obtaining Permission to Register
1. Log in to your COB Internships account using your StarID and password by clicking the link below.
2. Click the “My Account” tab on the left side of the page.
3. Click the “Exp. Learning” from the drop menu.
4. Click the purple “Add New ” button.
5. Complete all required fields.
6. Click “Add Attachment” at the bottom of the application to upload the required documents.
7. Choose “Save as Draft” if you wish to come back and make changes to the application before submitting it.
8. Click “Submit” once your application is complete.
9. Email your department chair, Dr. Marilyn Fox letting her know you submitted your application.
Important Note: If you haven’t received confirmation of your application within one week of submitting your application, please reach out to your department chairperson,
MBA 698 (2 credits) — MBA Internship Credit
Satisfies one of the elective courses required by MBA majors. You will have to pay for these credits like any other class.
If you have questions about registering please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Completion of Internship
Before your internship ends, and you are able to receive a passing grade, you must complete the following.
- Monthly Reports
- Once you have registered, you must submit monthly reports by the end of each month using the provided form:
- How to upload monthly reports:
- Navigate to mnsu-csm.symplicity.com/students
- Log in using your StarID and password.
- Click "Experiential Learning" from the menu on the left.
- Under your internship, click “Edit”.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click “Add Attachment”
- Make sure to hit submit once it is uploaded.
- Please email email@example.com or the MBA Department Chairperson, Marilyn Fox if you have updates or concerns you'd like to make the College aware of in between your monthly reports.
- Final Employer Evaluation
- Your employer will receive an email with a link to the evaluation.
- This email will go out 3 weeks before the end of the semester and must be completed before the end of your internship.
- It is the student’s responsibility to remind their supervisor to complete this evaluation. If your supervisor needs a new copy of the evaluation link, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please suggest to your supervisor to check their spam folders.
- Final Self Evaluation, Program Evaluation, and Semester Report Surveys
- Access the surveys from the Experiential Learning page of your COB Internships account.
- You can access these surveys as early as 3 weeks before the end of the semester. They must be completed before the semester ends, regardless of when your specific internship ends.
- You must complete all of the surveys before you can receive a final grade.
- Final Written Paper
- Click here for the final paper guidelines
- The final paper must be attached to your COB Internships account before the end of the semester.
Important Note: You will not receive any information for the internship course on D2L. Everything will be processed through our internship website.
Important Note: all internship course requirements are due the Friday before Finals Week. If your internship continues after the semester ends and you will not be able to complete the requirements by the deadline, email email@example.com to arrange an alternate deadline.