Step 5: Completion of Internship
Before your internship ends and you are able to receive a passing grade, you must complete the following.
1. Stangler Internship Initiative Modules
- Complete the Stangler Internship Initiative modules on D2L.
- It is highly encouraged to complete them before your internship starts to be prepared for the professional workplace from day one!
- You must complete the modules before you can receive a final grade.
2. Final Employer Evaluation
- Your employer will receive an email with a link to the evaluation.
- This email will go out 3 weeks before the end of the semester and must be completed before the end of your internship.
- It is the student’s responsibility to remind their supervisor to complete this evaluation. If your supervisor needs a new copy of the evaluation link, email email@example.com. Please suggest to your supervisor to check their spam folders.
3. Final Self Evaluation, Program Evaluation, and Semester Report Surveys
- You can access these surveys as early as 3 weeks before the end of the semester and must be completed before the semester ends, regardless of when your specific internship ends.
- The surveys can be accessed from the “Experiential Learning” homepage of your account.
- You must complete all of the surveys before you can receive a final grade.
4. Final Written Paper
- The final paper should be 5 pages including the following:
- Brief description of the background of the industry and organization you were associated with during the internship. Include the short-run and long-run outlook of the organization and the possibilities of future positions for college graduates with this organization and other organizations in the same field (approx. 1 page).
- Briefly describe the major areas for which you were responsible during your internship (approx. 1 page).
- Review the detailed list of objectives for the internship experience that you submitted with your internship application. Examine and discuss how each objective was met or not met. This review should represent around 50 percent of the paper (approx. 2 pages).
- Evaluate how well the internship met your internship goals. Relate your internship to your academic training. How could your internship experience have been improved? Provide other comments that are relevant to your internship experience (approx. 1 page).
- Other comments you have to offer.
- The report should be typed, meet collegiate writing standards and be 5 pages in length. Both the content of the final report and the quality of your writing will affect your grade which will be given by your department chairperson.
- The final paper must be attached to your online application/profile before the end of the semester.
Important Note: You will not receive any information for the internship course on D2L. Everything will be processed through our internship website.
Important Note: If the semester ends before the end of your internship, you will receive an IP (In Progress) grade until you have completed all of the requirements.