Step 2: Gather required documents
1. Goals Statement
In a one-page letter briefly summarize your academic and professional background, your career goals, and your internship objectives. The internship objectives are the specific things you hope to learn, experience, and achieve by doing this internship. This letter should be written in a format similar to a standard cover letter and be addressed to the Department Chair.
2. DARS Report
Access your DARS. Copy and paste this document into Word before attaching to your application.
INTERN GATHERS FROM EMPLOYER
3. Job Description (From Employer)
This document lists your duties and the projects you'll work on during your internship.
4. Internship Offer Letter (From Employer)
Letter should be written on company letterhead and include your start date, end date, and number of hours you'll work each week.
IF REGISTERING FOR CO-OP STATUS, INTERN COMPLETES
5. Co-Op Eligibility Process Form & Agreement
Complete Co-Op Eligibility Process Form and Agreement - Only required if pursuing co-op status.
Please schedule an appointment by calling 507-389-2963 or email email@example.com if you have additional questions about Co-Op status.
Steps for Completing the Co-Op Eligibility Process Form and Agreement
- Student needs to print, sign name, and list techID and date
- List the start and end date for your internship and the academic term
- List the company name and your position
- Company supervisor needs to sign and date
- Department chair signs as both department chair and instructor
- Once all of these signatures have been provided. please upload this document to your online profile (Click “Add Attachment” at the bottom of the application to upload) - You do not need the registrar's signiture to upload this document to your online profile
The Registrar's office will keep this document and will make sure you have permission to register for the co-op course.