Admission Requirements and Application
The online application process provides a quick and easy way for aspiring students to apply for the MBA program. Before beginning the application process, please read through the admissions requirements to ensure that all necessary requirements have been met.
Save yourself some time – Prepare your admissions requirements before starting the process.
The following requirements must be completed when applying to the MBA program.
All application materials are submitted through the graduate application process, click here>>>
Meet One Requirement:
- An undergraduate GPA of 3.40 or higher from a regionally accredited bachelor’s degree program.
- Prior completion of a graduate degree from an institution accredited by an agency listed on the U.S. Department of Education list (PhD, JD, DBA, MD, MS, MA etc.)
- A minimum of five years, full-time, post undergraduate degree, professional experience involving progressively more responsibility within the last 8 years.
- A GMAT or GRE score not more than 5 years old. A score of 500 or above is recommended.
- Two professional letters of recommendation (references will be emailed through the application system and will submit their letters via the system)
- Current resume
- A nonrefundable fee of $40 (MasterCard and Visa accepted
- Official transcript(s) sent to the University - more info
- Completed immunization form (online form)
Priority Admission Deadlines
- Deadline for fall is June 1
- Deadline for spring is November 1
|Apply Today- Grad Programs Only||Tuition and Fees|
MBA candidates must complete foundational courses (12 or more credits) before or after admission to the program. Students who have not completed required pre-requisite courses listed below and are conditionally admitted to the MBA program may be limited in the courses they can take until pre-requisites are complete.
Students can satisfy pre-requisite requirements in the areas of accounting, economics, business statistics and finance three ways:
- Some or all requirements were satisfied during their undergraduate degree (to be reviewed and approved during the application process).
- Students can take the following undergraduate courses at Minnesota State Mankato:
- ACCT 200
- ECON 202
- ECON 207
- FINA 362
- or equivalent courses from another accredited University
- A self-paced and affordable online solution. Each course is $130-150 and can be started and completed in your own time. Please contact Christine Mahoney (email@example.com) for more information.
Are you an international student? These additional items may be required:
- Financial Affidavit
- Credential evaluation
- English proficiency scores (TOEFL/IELTS)
- Students who do not use English as their first language must demonstrate the ability to study in English by submitting a score of at least 500 on the written Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test, 173 on the computer-based test or 61 or better on the web-based exam. We will also accept a score of 6 or better on the IELTS. Applicants from countries where English is the sole official language of instruction [Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Canada (except Quebec), England, Ghana, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, New Zealand, Nigeria, For students who are six to eight credits from their undergraduate degree in Accounting access to MAcc courses is possible. Scotland, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad, Tobago, Uganda and Wales] are typically not required to submit TOEFL results.
- International applicants should also read the information posted on the web page designed for graduate international applicants.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
College of Graduate Studies and Research
115 Alumni Foundation Center
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Mankato, MN 56001