Non-Accounting Undergraduate degree
Applicants without an undergraduate Accounting degree must first apply for conditional acceptance into the MAcc. After conditional acceptance, the following equivalent undergraduate accounting courses must be completed before beginning their MAcc coursework:
- Intermediate Financial Accounting 1
- Intermediate Financial Accounting 2
- Individual Income Tax
- Business Income Tax
- Assurance Services (Auditing)
For students without an accounting undergraduate degree, MBA 630 (Accounting for Management) must be taken during MAcc coursework.
- Note: individuals without a business related undergraduate must take 3 additional credit hours of accounting or business related coursework beyond the deficiency courses to be a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the state of Minnesota.
A Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score of 500 or above is also generally required (Contact MAcc director before taking GMAT). Test scores must be sent directly to the College of Graduate Studies and Research from GMAC. This requirement will be waived for applicants meeting one of the following criteria:
- Applicant has an undergraduate degree or master’s degree from an AACSB accredited business school and a 3.0 cumulative GPA.