College of Business Strategic Plan
The clear choice for those who want to engage in real-world learning experiences.
We are an AACSB accredited College of Business committed to exceeding the expectations of those who want to engage in learner-centered education, applied research and high-impact mutually beneficial partnerships.
- Our primary focus is on diversified undergraduate education with expanding opportunities in graduate education and continuing professional education.
- We engage in collaborative research to advance knowledge of business practice, to further impact student learning and advance business theory.
- We create relational partnerships as a way to benefit students, business and community.
In the College of Business, we are committed to these guiding principles:
Our core values of being
- innovative, and
are always pursued in a spirit of
- collaboration, and
- High–teaching and high–impact learning opportunities for the educational and career success of our students. (2011–2014 Enhance Student Preparation)
- Diversified resources so faculty, students, and the community are having innovative, engaging, and impactful learning experiences. (2011–2014 Enhance and diversify resources)
- Quantity, quality, and sustainability of relationships and partnerships for exceptional student success. (2011–2014 Expand partnerships)
- Recognition and reputation for excellence and authenticity in communication, engagement, and relationships. (2011–2014 Develop communication strategies & build the brand image)
Student-Centered: fostering authentic and genuine connections in the relationships with our students and in programs we offer for their learning
Innovation & Excellence: showing leadership in our teaching, scholarship and operations embracing progressively relevant ideas in learning and research
Professional: upholding our culture which embodies our shared high standards of ethical responsibility, accountability, integrity, and career professionalism
Inclusion & Diversity: generating a work environment where everyone has an opportunity to fully participate in creating success and where each of our stakeholders is valued for sharing their skills, experiences, ideas, and perspectives
Collaboration & Collegiality: advancing rich learning through a collaborative process, bringing together faculty, staff, students and community partners