FIRST-YEAR Students: Information and Advising Sessions for Spring 2024 registration!
First-Year students with majors in Accounting, Finance, International Business, Management, Marketing, and AgriBusiness and Food Innovation are assigned to the College of Business Advising Team for advising.
Steps for spring 2024 first-year student advising:
- Register for and attend a group advising/information session to learn about goals for the semester and how to prepare for registration.
- Complete the College of Business Registration Planning Form (form will be provided at information sessions) and have it reviewed by a College of Business Advising Team member.
- Register for classes after you meet with your advisor and as soon as your registration window opens for best selection of classes.
College of Business Registration Planning/Advising Dates for FIRST-YEAR STUDENTS
All sessions are the same and will last approximately 60 minutes.
There is planned time for students to work on their spring class schedule and get questions answered.
You only need to attend one session.
Please bring a laptop and pen to your session to participate in registration planning activities.
|Session 1||Thursday||October 19||3:30 PM||
|Session 2||Sunday||October 22||6:30 PM||CSU 255|
|Session 3||Tuesday||October 24||4:00 PM||MH102|
|Session 4||Monday||October 30||4:00 PM||MH102|
|Session 5||Wednesday||November 8||3:30 PM||MH211|
|Session 6||Tuesday||November 14||3:30 PM||MH102|
|Session 7||Wednesday||November 15||3:00 PM||Zoom|
How to sign up for an Advising Group Session
- Once you choose a date, open Mavconnect on your computer or the Navigate app on your phone. We do encourage you to download the app as there is much more than scheduling with the app.
- Click on appointments
- Click on schedule an appointment
- Select professional academic advising for your appointment type
- Under service, select group advising/registration session
- Find available time
- In the location section, select Adv-College of Business Student Center
- Click schedule
- Check your MavMail. You should get confirmation for the session for which you just signed up.
Check your spring 2024 Registration Window so you know when you register.
Review your Degree Audit Report to see what goal areas and major classes you need and start identifying courses for your next semester.
Transfer students and students who are not in their first year at Minnesota State University, Mankato but are assigned the College of Business Advising team, do not have to attend a session and should schedule to meet with an advisor in the COB Student Center through MavConnect or by calling 507-389-2963.
Students assigned a specific faculty advisor should contact their faculty advisor directly to schedule an advising session.
Not sure who your advisor is?