Integrated Business Experience (CERT)
The certificate provides students an entrepreneurial real-world learning opportunity. Students gain additional insight into business concepts by applying the material in a real-world environment and gaining insight into the integrated nature of business. The certificate focuses on learning to develop and operate a business. Student teams will operate their own company, obtain an actual bank loan, and sell their chosen products throughout the semester. The certificate provides an opportunity to practice business skills including communication, problem-solving, and leadership. Students learn what it takes for entrepreneurs to succeed while giving back through community service.
The United Prairie Bank Integrated Business Experience (IBE) allows students to combine a suite of required courses into a semester-long real-world entrepreneurial experience that gives them a head-start on their business careers.
The IBE program focuses on the following:
- learning to develop and operate a business
- obtaining an actual bank loan
- selling chosen products throughout the semester
IBE Certificate program policies:
- The Certificate is open to all majors.
- Students must be admitted to the University and have University and COB upper-division permission.
- Students can transfer in ACCT 200. ACCT 200 is a prerequisite for FINA 362 and must be successfully completed before starting the IBE cohort classes.
Major Common CoreThe IBE cohort classes (FINA 362, MGMT 230, MRKT 210, and BUS 397) must all be taken concurrently in the same semester in a designated section for IBE students. Students must apply for the cohort classes. ACCT 200 is a prerequisite for FINA 362.
Prerequisites: MATH 112 or MATH 115or MATH 121 or MATH 130 or MATH 181
Prerequisites: ACCT 200
Major Restricted ElectivesSelect 3 credits. CIS 499 is for MIS majors only.
Prerequisites: Must be admitted to a major.