The Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship offers consulting services to regional area organizations (for-profit or non-profit) that would like to work with an expert and a team of students to find innovative solutions to real-world problems.
- Require college-level work to complete
- Have educational value to students
- Be accomplishable within a semester (about 4 months)
- Fit the mission, vision, and values of the College of Business
- Have a budget available
- Organizations wishing to submit a project, please complete this form.
- Initial phone or email discussion.
- Discovery interview to gather additional information.
- Project write up by CIE Director.
- Project write up approval by organization – to assure that information gathered is accurate.
- Project distributed to University community of faculty, staff, and students.
- Team lead identified.
- Team lead and CIE Director create a plan and budget for the project.
- Proposal with write up, plan and budget submitted to organization for approval.
- Contract created by University staff and given to organization for signatures.
- Team lead and CIE Director recruit students for the project.
- Project work is done, supervised by team lead with regular reports back to organization.
- CIE staff check-ins with team lead and organizational contact throughout the semester.
- Project report (written and/or oral) given to organization by students and team lead.
- Evaluation surveys/interviews done with all parties by CIE staff.
We will undertake a limited number of projects each semester to maintain high quality.
Smaller projects that require less than a semester are possible.
Unsure if your project is right for the CIE? Contact us and if there isn’t a good fit, we will be happy to refer you to other resources that fit your situation.