Jianwei Hou, Professor of Marketing
- Principles of Marketing (MRKT 210)
- Product and Pricing Strategy
- Digital Marketing
- Marketing Strategy (MBA)
Ph.D. (Marketing), University of Mississippi
- Hou, J. (2020). Online Shopping Patronage: Do Demographics and Psychographics Really Matter? Journal of Marketing Development and Competitiveness, 14(5).
- Hou, J. and Elliott, K. (2016). Gender Differences in Online Auctions. Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 17, 123-123.
- Hou, J. and Elliott, K. (2014). How Do Online Bidders Differ from Non-Bidders? Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 24(1), 18-25.
- Hou, J. and Blodgett, J. (2012). Do Bidders Compensate for Shipping Fees in Online Auctions? Journal of Services Marketing, 26(6), 435-443.
- Hou, J. and Blodgett., J. (2010). Market Structure and Quality Uncertainty: A Theoretical Framework for Online Auction Research. Electronic Markets, 20(1), 21-32.
- Hou, J. and Elliott, K. (2010). Profiling Online Bidders. Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice, 18 (2), 109-126.
SERVICE AND OUTREACH
- Associate Editor: Electronic Markets
- Editorial Review Board Member: Journal of Marketing Theory and Practice
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
My research revolves around online shopping, particularly online auctions.