What to bring:

  • Wages from each job (Form W-2)
  • Interest (Form 1099-INT)
  • Dividends (Form 1099-DIV)
  • Retirement plans (Form 1099-R)
  • Unemployment (Form 1099-G)
  • Miscellaneous income (Form 1099-MISC)
  • Sale of stock (Form 1099-B)
  • Scholarships and grants (Form 1098-T)
  • Health insurance through MNsure (Form 1095-A)


Bring if it applies to you:

Prior year's tax return (if available)

Renters: Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP) from landlord

Tuition expenses you paid to attend college (Form 1098-T)

Records of education expenses you paid for your children (K-12), daycare expenses (name, address and Tax ID or Social Security Number or provider)

Interest you paid on student loans (Form 1098-E)

Records of charitable contributions