Yvonne Cariveau, Director of Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship | College of Business
Entrepreneurship (MGMT 443)
- Presented about 1Million Cups at "Connecting Entrepreneurial Communities Conference" with Gary Schott, September, 2019
- Guest Lecturer at HAN University's Summer Experience on Entrepreneurship, July, 2019
- Presenter at the Scholars at Work Conference at Minnesota State University, Mankato on "Building an Interdisciplinary Tribe", March, 2019
- Presented at Global Consortium of Entrepreneurship Centers, on "Building Entrepreneurship in the Heartland" with Sarah Goforth from the Univ of Arkansas October, 2018
Ph.D. (Marketing), University of Minnesota
Master of Business Administration (Marketing), Minnesota State University, Mankato
Bachelor of Science, Minnesota State University, Mankato
"Measuring Young Children's Preferences: The Use of Behaviorally Anchored Rating Scales", Marketing Science Institute, with Deborah Roedder John,1995.
"A dynamic systems approach to the development of consumer knowledge: Children's understanding of monetary exchange". Unpublished dissertation, Adviser: Deborah Roedder John, 1996.
"Interregional healthcare: patient stories and chart reviews". Elaine Hogan Miller, DA Nordquist, Karen A Doran, Cathleen K Ahern, Yvonne Marie Cariveau Karsten, Clinical Nurse Specialist, 1998.
My research interests include marketing, entrepreneurship, gig (side) and family businesses, and website/internet business management.
A literature review comparing speech communication literature on persuasive speaking in general with business management literature on business pitching to determine what similarities and differences exist is in progress with Cheryl Trahms.
COMMITMENT TO STUDENT SUCCESS
Entrepreneurship Club/Enactus, Faculty Advisor
- Mentoring of student entrepreneurs
- Student Pop Up Stores
SERVICE AND OUTREACH
Director of the Center for Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Organizer, 1Million Cups Mankato
- Organizer/Host, Social Media Breakfast Mankato
Treasurer, Old Town Association
Management Department Search Committee
- Open Educational Resources Work Group
- Writing Across the Curriculum Committee
Consulting Projects for
YMCA (Strategy/Feasibility Research)Jarraff Industries (Strategic Management)
- Kato Engineering (Market Research)
Encore Consignment (Marketing)
- Fun.com (Marketing/Website)