Marilyn Fox, Professor of Management, MBA and AACSB Director
Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration University of Nebraska - Lincoln Major Areas: Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management, Organizational Theory, Statistics & Methods Dissertation Title: An Investigation of the Moderating Effects of Work and Non-work Control on the Stressor-Strain Relationship Master of Business Administration Drury College, Springfield, Missouri B.S. in Business Education Southwest Missouri State University, Springfield, Missouri
Dr. Fox is a nationally recognized author and scholar and is best known for her research and publications in the area of occupational stress and health, work-family conflict, and personality's effect on individuals' attitudes and behavior. Her research appears in some of the best journals known world-wide. She has published in such journals as the Academy of Management Journal, the Journal of Applied Psychology, the Journal of Applied Social Psychology, the Journal of Occupational Health Psychology and many others. Additionally, she has co-authored various supplements to textbooks written by top authors in the field of Organizational Behavior and consistently presents papers at the National and Midwest Division of the Academy of Management, and the National Decision Sciences Institute. Dr. Fox has served on the editorial board of the Journal of Management, and currently serves on the board of Leadership and Organizational Studies Journal. She also serves as a reviewer for the Academy of Management Journal and is a past president of the Midwest Academy of Management.
Mahoney, C.B., Schumann, P. L. & Fox, M.L. (2018). Differences in turnover intentions of nurse practitioners by practice area in the United States. Journal of Organizational Psychology, 18(5).
Dale, K., Fox, M.L., & Mahoney, C. (2018). The relationship between supervisor and subordinate value congruence and role stress. Journal of Applied Behavioral Management, 18(1), 1-18.
Fox, M.L. & Mahoney, C. (2018). College of Business Research Excellence Award. $5,000.
- Mayer, B., Dale, K., & Fox, M.L. (2014). Designing the business strategy game to promote student thinking and student engagement: An application of the four disciplines of execution. Business Education Innovation Journal, 6(2), 86-92.
- Mahoney, C. & Fox, M. L. (2013). Increasing Off-Campus Master of Business Administration Enrollment, Minnesota State University, Mankato Strategic Priority Grant $33,550
- Fox, M. L., Dale, K., & Mayer, B. (2013). Conflict management style, transformational leadership and follower's attitudes: A Test of direct effects and the mediating role of transformational leadership. Leadership & Organizational Management Journal, 4. 9-30.
- Mayer, B.W., Dale, K. & Fox, M.L. (2011). Processes for developing simulation self-esteem. Business Education Innovation Journal 3(1), pp. 65-76.
- Dale, K.M., Mayer, B.W. & Fox, M.L (2010). Business students' perceptions towards environmental sustainability: is it a legitimate business issue? Business Education Innovation Journal. 2(1), pp. 76-85.
COMMITMENT TO STUDENT SUCCESS
Graduate Student Thesis Committees:
Trevor Frey (2020). The Effects of Positive and Negative Humor at Work. Christine Gunderman (2015). Created Equal? Comparing Disturbing Media Outcomes across Occupations. Alexander Techy (2015). The Effects of Transformational Leadership on Sales Performance in a Multilevel Marketing Organization. Jeffrey Dahlke (2014). An Analysis of the Role of Flow in a Model of Occupational Stress Roger Knutson (2014). Student Assessments of Professor Effectiveness. Hung Hoang (2014). The Role of Social Support and Job Meaningfulness in the Disturbing Media Exposure Job-Strain Relationship Jason Jaber (2012). The Moderating Effects of Work control and Leisure Control on the Recover-Strain Relationship Jessica Morales (2012). Disturbing Media Effects on the Legal Profession: Secondary Traumatic Stress and Burnout in Air Force Lawyers and Judges.
SERVICE AND OUTREACH
National Academy of Management
Society for Human Resource Management
Association for Talent Development
AACSB Accreditation Director
Leadership and Academic Council – College of Business
Advisor to all MBA Students
2018 Chair, College of Business Research Committee
2018 Chair Search Committee Director of Communication and Events – College of Business
2017 – 2019 Member, Graduate Education Sum Meet and Confer
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Stress and health
Training and Development
AWARDS AND HONORS
Women of Courage and Vision
Distinguished Professor – College of Business Advisory Council Award