Christine Brown Mahoney, Professor of Management
Leadership (MGMT 484)
Leadership (MBA 665)
Strategic Human Resource Management
Organizational Development and Change (MBA 667)
Healthcare Management (MBA )
Ph.D. (Research Methods, Compensation and Labor Market Analysis), University of Minnesota
Master of Science (Quantitative Dairy Genetics), University of Minnesota
Bachelor of Science, University of Minnesota
- Mahoney, C. B., Lea, J., Schumann, P. L., & Jillson, I. A. (in press, 2019). Turnover, Burnout, and Job Satisfaction of Certified Registered Nurse
- Anesthetists in the United States: The Role of Job Characteristics and Personality. American Association of Nurse Anesthetists Journal
- Mahoney, C. B., Schumann, P. L., & Fox, M. L. (2018). Differences in Turnover Intentions of Nurse Practitioners by Practice Area in the United States. Journal of Organizational Psychology, 18 (5), 73-84. Available online: https://articlegateway.com/index.php/JOP/article/download/275/241
- Shikora SA, & Mahoney CB. (2015). Clinical benefit to gastric staple line reinforcement in gastrointestinal surgery: a meta-analysis. Obesity Surgery 25: 1133-1141.
- Bruckner TA, Hodgson A, Mahoney CB, Fulton B, Levine P, & Scheffler RM. (2012) “Health Care Supply and Unwarranted County-Level Variation in ADHD Prescription Medications.” Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety. 21(4), 442-449.
- Meeusen VCH, Van Dam K, Brown-Mahoney C, Van Zundert AAJ, & Knape JTA. (2011) ”Understanding nurse anaesthetists’ intention to leave their job, how burnout and job satisfaction mediate the impact of personality and workplace characteristics.” Health Care Management Review, 36(1), 155-163.
- Mahoney CB, Nuttbrock A, & Pittman M. “Human resources and health care delivery in the United States.” (2010) World Hospitals and Health Services, 46(3), 35-37. Special Feature, Human Resources in Health.
COMMITMENT TO STUDENT SUCCESS
- Graduate Curriculum and Policy Committee
Curriculum Management Team; College of Business
Research Committee Chair, College of Business
Former Coordinator for Twin Cities MBA Program
Former Interim MBA Director
SERVICE AND OUTREACH
- Twin Cities Compensation Association
- Academy of Management, Reviewer, Board Member and Discussant in several divisions: Health Care Management, Gender and Diversity in Management, Research Methods and Human Resource Management
- Southern Academy of Management
- Irish Academy of Management
- Western Decision Science
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Survey development and administration (job satisfaction, turnover, human capital)
- Statistical analysis (complex modeling, structural equation modelling, etc.)
- Healthcare management research and analysis