Student TestimonialsPage address: http://cob.mnsu.edu/msa/perspectives.html
- Originates from Luverne, MN.
- In business for himself as a restaurant entrepreneur from 2006 through 2010.
- Graduated from MSUM in 2013 with a BS in Accounting and entered the Master of Science in Accounting in January 2014.
- Serves as information technology specialist and Grad Assistant in the College of Business.
- Expects to graduate in December 2014.
- Transferred from Riverland Community College to MSUM to complete his BS in Accounting.
- Served as President of the Accounting Club while at MSUM and accepted a tax internship at KDV in Bloomington, MN following graduation.
- Passed the CPA exam following his internship and subsequently enrolled in the Master of Science in Accounting program at MSUM. He
- Will start in an audit assignment at Deloitte, Minneapolis fall of 2014.
- Graduated with a BS in Accounting spring 2014 following an internship at Taylor Corporation in Mankato.
- Served as a committee member to the Strategic Planning Committee for the College of Business during spring 2014.
- Will be in the classroom teaching an entry level accounting class as a Graduate Assistant fall 2014.
- Seeking an audit positon with a large accounting firm.
"I entered the MSA program because I felt that it would better prepare me for the CPA exam as opposed to getting a second major. Following my undergraduate courses, I was primarily interested in working as an auditor. However, the MSA program offered courses that sparked my interest in tax accounting. Following graduation from the program, I interviewed at Big 4 firms for both tax and audit positions. I ended up accepting an offer for a tax position thanks to the experiences I received from the MSA program."