CPA RequirementsPage address: http://cob.mnsu.edu/msa/cparequirements.html
In Minnesota, CPA candidates are expected to meet the following requirements (Minnesota State Board of Accountancy, 2012; Becker, 2012):
- 24 semester hours of accounting and 24 hours in business related courses must be taken.
- A baccalaureate degree with an accounting concentration is required.
- Candidates may sit for exam with lesser or no degree if qualifying experience requirements are satisfied.
- Candidates need 150 credit hours to be granted a certificate, but not to sit for the exam.
- Candidates must have a minimum of one year experience plus 150 credit hours of college level courses to be granted a certificate.
- Candidates may apply for the exam 180 days prior to completing educational requirements.
- Candidates may be granted "provisional" approval to take the CPA exam 90 days prior to completing education requirements.
- Educational requirements must be completed no later than 120 days after the actual date on which the candidate took the first exam section.
- Additional information can be found at the MnCPA website