Leon ChenPage address: http://cob.mnsu.edu/college/people/leonchen.html
Leon Chen, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Finance
- Ph.D. in Risk Management & Insurance, Terry College of Business, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 2011
- M.S. in Information Systems, Hankamer School of Business, Baylor University, Waco, TX 2005
- M.B.A. in Finance, Mendoza College of Business, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 2002
- B.E. in International Finance, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China 1997
- FIN 459 - Personal Financial Planning
- FIN 467 - Insurance and Risk Management
- FIN 470 - Personal Insurance
Recent Intellectual Contributions:
- "Ownership Form and Efficiency: The Co-existence of Stock and Mutual Life Insurers" - with David Eckles & Steven Pottier, 2011, under review at Journal of Insurance Issues.
- "An Event Study of Insurer Rating Changes" - with Steven Pottier, 2011, working paper.
- "Insurer Rating Changes, Stock Returns and Performance" - with Steven Pottier, 2011, working paper.
- "Black-Litterman Model Exercise using Excel: A Classroom Experiment", 2011, CFP Board Conference Presentation.