Leon ChenPage address: http://cob.mnsu.edu/college/people/leonchen.html
Leon Chen, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Finance
- Ph.D. in Risk Management & Insurance, Terry College of Business, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 2011
- M.S. in Information Systems, Hankamer School of Business, Baylor University, Waco, TX 2005
- M.B.A. in Finance, Mendoza College of Business, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 2002
- B.E. in International Finance, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China 1997
- Insurance and Risk Management
- Options and Futures
- Personal Insurance
- Personal Financial Planning
- Employee Benefits Planning
Referred Journal Publications
- “Rating Changes and Competing Information: Evidence on Publicly-Traded Insurance Firms” (with Steven Pottier), forthcoming (accepted in June 2016), Journal of Risk and Insurance.
- “An Insurance Market Simulation with both Adverse and Advantageous Selection” (with Puneet Jaiprakash), forthcoming (accepted in June 2016), Risk Management and Insurance Review.
- “An Investigation of the Short-Run and Long-Run Stock Market Response to Insurer Rating Changes” (with Jennifer Gaver and Steven Pottier), forthcoming (accepted in September 2015), Journal of Risk and Insurance.
- “A Study of Interest and Perception of the Financial Planning Profession among Finance Undergraduate Students” (with Roger Severns), 2016, Journal of Financial Counseling and Planning, 2016, 27(1): 130-140.
- “The Relative Informativeness of Analysts’ Stock Return Forecasts and Rating Changes for Insurance Companies” (with Steven Pottier), Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, 2015, 40(3):516-537.
- “Implementing Black-Litterman using an Equivalent Formula and Equity Analyst Target Prices” (with Zhi Da and Ernst Schaumburg), Journal of Investing, 2015, 24(1): 34-47.
- “Ownership Form and Efficiency: The Coexistence of Stock and Mutual Life Insurers” (with David Eckles and Steven Pottier), Journal of Insurance Issues, 2013, 36(2): 121-148.