Leon ChenPage address: http://cob.mnsu.edu/college/people/leonchen.html
Leon Chen, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Finance
- Ph.D. in Risk Management & Insurance, Terry College of Business, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 2011
- M.S. in Information Systems, Hankamer School of Business, Baylor University, Waco, TX 2005
- M.B.A. in Finance, Mendoza College of Business, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 2002
- B.E. in International Finance, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai, China 1997
- Insurance and Risk Management
- Options and Futures
- Personal Insurance
- Personal Financial Planning
- Employee Benefits Planning
Refereed Journal Publications:
- “The Relative Informativeness of Analysts’ Stock Return Forecasts and Rating Changes for Insurance Companies” (with Steven Pottier), 2015, forthcoming, Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice.
- “Implementing Black-Litterman using an Equivalent Formula and Equity Analyst Target Prices” (with Zhi Da and Ernst Schaumburg), Journal of Investing, Spring 2015, 24(1): 34-47.
- “Ownership Form and Efficiency: The Coexistence of Stock and Mutual Life Insurers” (with David Eckles and Steven Pottier), Journal of Insurance Issues, 2013, 36(2): 121-148.