Basil JanavarasPage address: http://cob.mnsu.edu/college/people/basiljanavaras/
Basil Janavaras, Ph.D.
Professor of Marketing and International Business
Dr. Basil J. Janavaras is Professor of International Business, Department of Marketing and International Business at Minnesota State University, Mankato, MN. In addition, he served as chairperson and Director of the International Business Institute at Minnesota State. He has also served as director of International Business Studies, Master of International Management (MIM) program, Graduate School of Business, University of St. Thomas (UST), St. Paul, MN, USA. He also taught courses as an adjunct faculty member for the UST Division of Business.
Dr. Janavaras has taught and lectured abroad including the former Soviet Union, Austria, Canada, Greece, Hungary, Poland, Taiwan and other Asian countries. He has assisted several public institutions and small and mid-sized companies with their efforts to internationalize.
He serves on the board of directors and is a member of several academic and professional business organizations, including the American Marketing Management Association, The Academy of International Business, the U.S. Dept. of Commerce Minnesota District Export Council, the Minnesota World Trade Association, the Minnesota International Center, St. Paul/Minneapolis Committee on Foreign Relations. He is listed in several editions of Who’s Who.
Ph.D., International Business/Marketing/Business Ed., Northern Illinois University, DeKalb IL, 1974
M.S., Distributive Ed./Marketing/Management, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks ND, 1969
B.A., Business Administration, Minot State University, Minot ND, 1967
- IBUS 380 - Principles of International Business
- IBUS 428 - International Marketing
- IBUS 485 - Export Administration
- MBA 681 - Global Business Strategy
Recent Intellectual Contributions:
- Gomes, E. & Janavaras, B. (2008). Improving Decision Making and Critical Thinking Skills Using International Busienss Web-Based Tools. Journal of International Business and Economics, 8 (3), 132-142.
- Janavaras, B., Gomes, E., & Cheema, P. (2008). International Business Strategy: An Innovative Teaching and Learning Approach. Journal of Business Strategy, V (2), 24-35.
- Janavaras, B., Gomes, E., & Young, R. (2008). Web Based Interactive Software in International Business: The Case of the Global Market Potential System Online (GMPSO). Journal of College Teaching and Learning, 5 (4), 23 - 32.
- Janavaras, B., Kuzma, J., & Thiewes, H. (2008). College of Busessn Majors' Perceptions Toward Globalization: An Empirical Study. Journal of College Teaching and Learning, 5 (3), 41 - 49.