Center for Innovation and EntrepreneurshipPage address: http://cob.mnsu.edu/cie/
- bring together existing innovation and entrepreneurship programs to help nurture and expand them, such as
- the innovation & entrepreneurship minor
- the Big Ideas Challenge
- student entrepreneurship organizations
- provide expanded innovation and entrepreneurship education - academic and continuing education
- facilitate student and community innovation projects
- serve as a resource in elevating faculty innovation and research expertise through grants and entrepreneurship training
- the Small Business Development Center's many free services
- Service Corps of Retired Executives (SCORE) counselors
- access to university faculty with expertise in many areas
- a space for videotaping business pitches and presentations
- a large and a small training room for workshops
- an open collaboration space where multiple groups can meet and work on projects
- several small meeting rooms for project work in teams
- prototyping materials to help teams visualize and communicate their ideas quickly
- a 3d printer and scanner for prototype creation
- unique spaces and furnishings to stimulate creativity
Click here to view pictures from the workshop event.
Coming up at the CIE:
- Social Media Breakfasts - second Friday morning of each month at 7:30am
- SCORE meetings - morning of 3rd Weds of the month
- Mankato Makers Meet Ups - Aug 17, Sep 21 and Oct 19 at 6pm
- Entrepreneurship Club meetings - starting in August, 2017
- Entrepreneurship class - Wednesday evenings 6pm
We are also hosting retreats, board meetings, strategic planning sessions, etc. for MSU and community groups. Contact us to reserve the space.
The first director for the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship is Dr. Yvonne Cariveau. Dr. Cariveau has more than 24 years of experience as the owner and President of Internet Connections, Inc. (known as VoyageurWeb from 2001 to 2016). She is a regional Internet pioneer who has worked with many area businesses and nonprofits to create their online presence. She has served on numerous nonprofit boards and is active in the arts and as a community leader. Dr. Cariveau has her PhD from the Carlson School of Management at the University of MN and her MBA from Minnesota State Mankato. She has been teaching Entrepreneurship for two years and taught various business courses here and at the University of MN.
Channing Pick is the Graduate Innovation & Entrepreneurship Fellow. She is a graduate student studing Communications. Channing manages the Global Entrepreneurship Week events and the Big Ideas Challenge, our business plan and pitch competition. She also works with Dr. Cariveau to advance other initiatives of the Center. Email Channing
For more information about the Center, contact Dr. Yvonne Cariveau, email@example.com or 507.389.1018.