Center for Innovation and EntrepreneurshipPage address: http://cob.mnsu.edu/cie/
CIE Events Calendar
- 1MillionCups - first Wednesday morning of each month at 8:30am
- Social Media Breakfasts - second Friday morning of each month at 7:30am
- SCORE meetings - first Wednesday of each month at 7:30am
- Entrepreneurship and Enactus Club meetings - every other Thursday 5pm (Oct 19)
- University classes - Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings 6-8:30pm
- M-F 8:30am-5:30pm
- Mon to Weds evenings - side rooms are available until 8pm
- bring together existing innovation and entrepreneurship programs to help nurture and expand them, such as
- the innovation & entrepreneurship minor
- the Big Ideas Challenge
- student entrepreneurship organizations
- provide expanded innovation and entrepreneurship education - academic and continuing education
- facilitate student and community innovation projects
- foster and mentor student business launches and development
- serve as a resource in elevating faculty innovation and research expertise
- access to a wide variety of talented students
- access to university faculty with expertise in many areas
- a space for videotaping business pitches and presentations
- open collaboration space where multiple groups can meet and work on projects
- several small meeting rooms
- prototyping materials to help teams visualize and communicate their ideas quickly
- a 3D printer and scanner for prototype creation
- unique spaces and furnishings to stimulate creativity
The first director for the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship is Dr. Yvonne Cariveau. Dr. Cariveau has more than 24 years of experience as the owner and President of Internet Connections, Inc. (known as VoyageurWeb from 2001 to 2016). She is a regional Internet pioneer who has worked with many area businesses and nonprofits to create their online presence. She has served on numerous nonprofit boards and is active in the arts and as a community leader. Dr. Cariveau has her PhD from the Carlson School of Management at the University of MN and her MBA from Minnesota State Mankato. She has been teaching Entrepreneurship for three years and taught various business courses here and at the University of MN.
Channing Pick is the Graduate Innovation & Entrepreneurship Fellow. She is a graduate student studing Communications. Channing manages the Global Entrepreneurship Week events and the Big Ideas Challenge, our business plan and pitch competition. She also works with Dr. Cariveau to advance other initiatives of the Center. Email Channing
Akrem Basha and Steven Kopelke (Marketing) are our CIE Student Assistants. They help with planning, social media, project work and events.
For more information about the Center, contact Dr. Yvonne Cariveau, firstname.lastname@example.org or 507.389.1018.
Hubbard 2nd Floor Meeting Room Calendar
Email email@example.com to reserve this room.